Mt. Orab Open House
Mt. Orab Open House
On May 19, Child Focus hosted The Brown County Chamber of Commerce and held its Open House and Ribbon Cutting in Mt. Orab. Sen. Uecker, Rep. Green, Deanna Vietze, Director of the Brown County Board of Mental Health & Addiction Services, Ron Dvoracek, retired Brown County Probate and Juvenile Court Judge and Deacon for St. George Church in Georgetown, Jim Carter, CEO, Shelly Baxter, Asst. Director of Community Mental Health Outreach and two Child Focus Board Members, Jim Nuckols and Keith Kral helped cut the ribbon.
Child Focus has been providing services in Brown County for the past 14 years. When Child Focus started in the Mt Orab location we had one therapist and one case manager. Currently we employ 14 staff members at our Mt. Orab office which includes counseling students from Lindsey Wilson College and a student from Ohio State’s social work program.
We made a substantial investment in the future of the children and families in Brown, Adams and Highland County areas with the purchase of this new building in Mt Orab. Our current location is roughly 1,800 square feet. This building is 20,000 square feet.
The services we provide for the families in Brown and surrounding areas are foster parent training and recruitment, therapy and case management. The new facility will allow us to be able to provide a wider variety of treatment options which will include group treatment:
Social skills and self esteem groups
Music therapy groups
Anger management groups
Trauma informed treatment groups
Love and Logic Group
Additionally with this new facility we will also provide telepsychiatry to our patients cutting down the travel time to see a provider for medication services. We plan to provide specific therapy approaches which will utilize play therapy, art therapy, animal assisted therapy as well as a sensory room. These types of therapies, with the right equipment, would not be available to children in this area without them traveling outside of the county.
Today, Child Focus, a mental health, early learning and foster care provider serving over 5,000 youth birth to young adulthood, continues to form a vibrant community with ever-expanding services. As our office reaches out to a broader and growing community, these expansions are needed to ensure Child Focus offers facilities sufficient to meet the needs of our children, youth, families and stakeholders and provide for their healthy futures. This space will be a great addition to our community mental health efforts working with families, schools, pediatricians and government offices in Brown, Adams and Highland counties.
Special thanks to:
Special Thanks for Donations of Time and Treasure:
· Brown County Board of Mental Health & Addiction Services
· Party with a Purpose: Holden Family
· Southern Hills Career and Technical Center
· Paul Hall
· Vince and Mary Capasso
· LaRosas- Mt Orab
· Batter Up Bakery-Leesburg
· Kroger-Mt Orab
· Onica Dopp
· Sierra Baxter
· Dave Shuller
· Paul McDonald and Paul Reinhart
· Dannielle Williams, Brown County Chamber
· The Child Focus Logo and Metalwork displayed in the lobby was drawn and designed by Travis Stacy and manufactured by his twin brother, Trevor Stacy. Both young men are seniors from Western Brown High School completing the Welding program at SHCTC. Trevor and Travis have participated in their CAD 1 and CAD 2 courses this year and last, and these CAD courses are where they learned to draw images on the computer and create items to be manufactured in the Welding lab. Thank you Travis and Trevor!