Support #11 Clermont Mental Health Levy
The CLERMONT COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY BOARD
Important Levy Facts:
- This is a .5 mil renewal levy plus a .25 mil increase. It will increase property taxes by a small amount – $8.75 per $100,000 valuation (from $14.79 to $23.54 per $100,000 valuation) – which will provide an additional $1.1 million for services.
- The levy allows us to continue to support families and individuals with mental health and addiction needs.
- Without levy funding, there will be a decrease in availability of services, because of significant cuts in state funding over the past five years since our levy renewal in 2010.
Funding for the Clermont County Mental Health and Recovery Board and its system of services has been significantly cut by the State of Ohio in recent years; failure of the Mental Health Levy will result in more cuts and further reduction of local services.
- Mental health and alcohol/drug treatment services were provided to over 3,000 Clermont County residents in SFY2015, with 8,500 benefiting from prevention programs.
- The levy funding provides a safety net for individuals and families needing mental health and/or alcohol/drug services that do not have Medicaid or insurance. Levy funding also helps to provide services for which Medicaid and insurance do not pay.
- The cost of treating mental health concerns is significantly lower than the costs to the community when people do not receive needed help. For every $1 invested in treatment, there is a $7 savings in costs to other systems (such as Jail, Courts, Children’s Protective Services, Schools and Employers).
- Every dollar lost through lack of funding curtails services to Clermont County residents with a mental illness or a drug/alcohol problem.
The Levy Helps Clermont County by funding treatment and prevention services including:
- Clermont County Crisis Hotline and Mobile Crisis Suicide Prevention Programming
- Clermont County Crisis Response Team Mental Health First Aid
- School-based mental health services in all districts Medication Assisted Treatment for persons Youth drug/alcohol prevention and treatment services with a heroin addiction
- By supporting the Levy, YOU are making a difference for our community and OUR future.
- Recovery is Beautiful …Help Others Achieve It! Vote FOR Issue #11, the Mental Health Levy
For more information or to volunteer for/contribute to the Levy Campaign, contact the Mental Health and Recovery Board at www.ccmhrb.com or 732-5400.