Hoxworth Blood Drive at Child Focus
Please share with your family, friends and colleagues to register for the blood drive here at Child Focus Training Center on Thursday, July 2 from 8am to 2pm OR give at one of eight Hoxworth blood centers during the entire month of July and don’t forget to fill out Child Focus as their non-profit.
Thank you to the 35 staff who have signed up so far for the Child Focus blood drive! We need at least 10 more people to make it a worthwhile drive for Hoxworth but can take up to 37 more people! Register online at www.hoxworth.org/groups/childfocus or by phone at 451-0910. You will be helping Child Focus in the running of winning $1,000 to $10,000 and help Hoxworth and the over 30 hospitals that support local children and adults with life-saving blood during a critically low donation 4th of July week.
Some tips about giving blood:
- Bring your ID. You must be 16 (with parent consent) or older and at least 110 pounds and be generally healthy.
- Eat a good meal and drink plenty of fluids before you give blood.
- If you are pregnant you cannot give blood.
- Your resting heart rate should be 110 or lower per minute.
- You will need to fill out a one-page info sheet. They will take your vitals (blood pressure, anemia test prick, etc.) Blood donation takes about 15-20 minutes and the vitals take 5-10 minutes.
- If you register for an appointment please show up! You are taking an opportunity away from someone else to donate.
- Yu can give blood every 8 weeks.
- Call Hoxworth with any other Q’s at 451-0910.